Tabs

Thursday, August 14, 2014

What a week.... June 16th, 2014

Can I just say, that right when i thought I couldn't get any more exhausted...i do...
This week was a really good week though. Trevor and Rain had their Baby!!! Gabriel! He was 10 pounds 2 ounces. Yeah she had to get a c-section. Crazy, I know! Also he was born on friday the 13th on a full moon. Not sure what that means but I feel like he is going to be the craziest/cutest kid on the planet. My favorite part is seeing the huge difference in Trevor and Rain. The gospel means so much more to them now that they have their little bundle of joy. I'm not sure if i told you but they are working towards getting married so they can get baptized!! So exciting!! 
I am really loving my new companion sister winkelman. We get along so well and we are able to teach really good together. We went on this awesome hike this morning and did our personal and companion study out there and she came up with this incredible poem and she said I could share it with all of you. Make sure you have a box of tissues next to you cause it might make you cry like it made me. 

The Tree

Starting from a seed how little I do know
Of what I can become when I finally start to grow. 
I am safe and warm in comfort and as happy as can be.
I finally start to sprout, I am growing in to me.
I am patient and persistent as I push through the tough soil around.
I know it won't be easy but, I will always stand my ground.
Everything is perfect, it is warm and bright with love,
That is till the storm comes from the heavens up above. 

The clouds are slowly crying the tears pour to the earth.
"That's okay" I said, "I'm not worried, I will remember all my worth."
The rain starts pouring harder and that is when they start to blow,
The winds of changing seasons, say it isn't so.
"My roots are not that deep" I said.
What is to come of this raging storm brewing ov'r my head.
I felt like I am drowning, don't know what to do.
I said a prayer to have more faith that I might make it through.
The angry storm had ended and what was left of me?
My trunk was beat and tattered my leaves in disarray. 
What was I to do now I quietly would say. 
In my storm of sorrow where had He gone to?
Was I never meant to make it through the sadness I'd gone through?
As I'm quietly weeping, the Master comes to me.
He sees my broken branches, my sorrow he can see.

"Don't worry little tree, everything will be made right."
"You just have to keep growing and looking into the light."
"I didn't leave you beaten by the storms sent from above."
"I know that you could do it, I did it through my love."
"Your roots have grown deeper than you care to see,"
"All you have to do is trust and put your faith in me."

Many days have past since the Master came my way.
He wasn't ever far though, always close, he promised he would stay.
In my days of growing, storms still beat me down.
But I with my little faith, never could I drown.
When the storms are raging o'vr me and I feel that hope is lost.
I think back to the Master when the winds I'm tossed.
My leaves are lightly swaying.
I am now who I want to be
All because the Master and His faith in me. 

"Don't worry little tree, everything will be made right."
"You just have to keep growing and looking into the light."
"I didn't leave you beaten by the storms sent from above."
"I know that you could do it, I did it through my love."
"Your roots have grown deeper than you care to see,
All you have to do is trust and put your faith in me."

I am a great big tree, I stand proud and tall
It's all because the Savior decided to give it all.

Isn't that so powerful. I bet you cried! Gosh I love how my mission really has taught me how much the Savior loves me and he will get me through anything. I love all of you and I hope you have the best week ever!!!

Sister Jones

Pictures= gabriel and his parents!!

EBCC459F-4250-4FAA-8A64-35A180271522

8E2B9B6F-9BB7-4B28-A380-CCE7091B7854

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers